The purpose of this lab was to perform a titration with HCl and NaOH to find out the concentration of the NaOH given you had a 1.5 molar solution of HCl.
- Fill the burette with NaOH and mark the amount it is at.
- Put 10 ml of 1.5 molar HCl in a erlenmeyer flask directly below the burette so the NaOH can drip into it.
- Put 2 drops of the phenolphthalein indicator in the solution of HCl.
- Slowly drip the NaOH into the solution until the color of the solution turns a faint pink.
- Record the amount of NaOH used.
- Repeat 2 times.
|Trial 1||Trial 2||Trial 3|
|Initial Vol.||6.4 mL||18.0 mL||30.1 mL|
|Final Vol.||18.0 mL||30.1 mL||42.0 mL|
|Change||11.6 mL||12.1 mL||11.9 mL|